sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013

Gírias (R) Slang

racket (1): noise.
"Small kids can make a lot of racket."

racket (2): something that's dishonest or deceptive.
"The Tobacco Industry is quite a racket."

racket (3): an occupation.
"I've been in the ESL racket for fourteen years."

rank: give someone a difficult time.
"She's always ranking her teacher."

rat: a despicable person.
"I thought I loved you, but now I know you're really a rat."

razz: annoy someone.
"Will you please stop razzing me?"

rear (end): buttocks.
"Dave fell on his rear (end)."

riot, a : something or someone very funny.
"Jim Carrey is a riot!"

rip off (1): stealing.
"Someone ripped off my car."

rip off (2): fraud.
"I paid $10,000 for my computer. What a rip off!"

rocking: great; excellent.
"David's class is really rocking!"

rubbish: nonsense; not true.
"That rumor is a bunch of rubbish."

rug rat: a child.
"Dave has a couple of rug rats at home."

runs, the: diarrhea.
"Oh no! I've got the runs!"

Source: http://www.eslcafe.com/slang/r.html

Nenhum comentário: